BOTTER is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and energetic individual to join ourCreative pattern making team as an Intern Pattern Maker. To be a part of our team is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning pattern making at a higher level and develop their existing skills further as part of their university studies within design, product development and pattern making.
BOTTER represents the fusion of music, literary, culinary and origins, that all together forms the rich and hybrid Caribbean culture. Their identity combines its Caribbean Couture spirit, as well as its glance towards Arte Povera’s philosophy, together with a strong sustainability
consciousness. As a brand whose DNA directly rises from one of the world’s most biologically diverse marine regions, BOTTER doesn’t bear to witness the pollution of the ocean and aims to embrace and preserve nature in all its forms.
The creative force behind the design of BOTTER are Lisi Herrebrugh and Curaçao born Rushemy Botter, combining their multicultural influences and their mastery of Belgium and Dutch tailoring to infuse their menswear label with a distinct notion of luxury. Edgy yet
inclusive, their creative sight is an extension of their own personalities: bold, colourful, and refreshingly positive.
BOTTER is a look into a personal diary; a look and opinion on the world expressed under Botter’s and Herrebrugh’s straightforward vision.
- Pattern drafting, working from 2D blocks and sketches.
- Draping on the stand, working in 3D form creating patterns from drapes.
- Assist the development of toiles from sketch to final sample.
- Stitching and mock ups, pattern cutting for sampling.
- Pattern making from sketches, following input from Creative Directors.
- Support the patterns team preparing pattern files for manufacturing, prototyping and production, assisting and working together with the product development team.
- Act as a key function and support during collection launch.
- Help and assist making sample technical sheets recording pattern information.
- Assist on styling, photoshoots and fittings.
- All -round support for the team in the studio.
- You are currently enrolled at university and are undertaking a mandatory work experience or gap year/ erasmus. Please note this is a minimum requirement.
- Relevant pattern making experience, industry experience is a plus.
- Available for a minimum of 3 months on a full-time basis
- Excellent communication skills, highly organised and confident taking initiative.
- Driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, tailoring techniques and high end finishings.
- Fluent in English (Speaking and Writing)
- Thrive in a dynamic working environment and can adapt easily.
- Proactive and positive, with a strong willingness to learn.
- An understanding of the BOTTER aesthetic
- Dutch & Italian language skills are a plus
- Driving licence is a plus
What we offer
- We are a small, vibrant and growing team, so you have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the collection from research through to production.
- Ability to learn, grow and take on further responsibilities in line with your skills and interests.
- Lots of responsibility and independent work.
- A possibility to extend the work placement in accordance with the needs of the brand and availability of the selected candidate.
Please send your CV, Motivational letter and an example of your portfolio to email@example.com