Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp based company started in 2003. With 4 womenswear collections a year and carried by more than 150 retailers worldwide. The brand is known for its strong knitwear collections, hand-drawn prints & jacquards and special shapes. We are currently looking for a product developer preferably with working experience for a full-time position within our growing company.
As a product developer, you will be working closely with the creative-team and designer to develop the woven & knit collections from design concept to final sample.
You are responsible for fabrics and trimmings sourcing, and work to technically support the design and finishing’s for each garment.
You’ll work on technical packs and BOM’s of each garment and launch sampling packages to our producers, you are able to work price conscious and keep budgets when selecting fabrics, trims, linings and all interior needs to finalize our garments.
Towards our sales period, you’ll help to complete the collection and sales tools, entering styles in our software program and prepare our online showroom.
After sales period you’ll attend production fittings and help to communicate production changes to our producers. You’ll arrange and attend fittings, styling days and photoshoots for e-com and campaign.
- A bachelor’s degree in fashion design or fashion development/management is required.
- At least 2-3 years working experience in a similar job, company.
- Excellent knowledge of garment fit, construction, and quality with strong attention to the small details
- Experienced with fittings, and ability to read patterns and communicate corrections
- You can deal easily with stressful situations and have strong problem-solving skills and a solution focused mindset.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage but not needed.
- Strong digital skills including MS-office, excel and ADOBE programs.
- You have strong organizational and administrational skills
- Strong team player with ability to work effectively and cross functionally
- You have a hands-on and flexible working mentality
If you are interested in this job, please email your (portfolio), CV and motivation letter to: