From the 26th to the 28th of June the next edition of the BioFab Weekend will happen in the city of Ghent. The BioFab Weekend is a fun, insightful and unique deep-dive experience into biofabrication and sustainable design.
From Friday to Sunday, The BioFab gets together with scientists, artists and designers to explore and live a bio-inspired world.
You can expect hands-on experimentation with biomaterials, in depth sessions on designing for a circular economy, insights on working in bioart and one-on-one sessions with experts to spark your creativity and initiate personal projects.
On top of that, there will be healthy and delicious meals, group meditation sessions and a walk to explore some cool places in Ghent.
What to expect?
- A crash-course on living materials and Biodesign: Take a deep-dive into the world of biomaterial and biofabrication through living organisms and biotech.
- One-of-a-kind hands-on workshops on biomaterials: Learn how to biofabricate in hands-on trainings with experts in biomaterials.
- In-depth, expert-run sessions on Open-Ended Design and Circular Economy: Explore concepts and methods of open-ended design and designing for a circular economy.
- Healthy and delicious meals that will tickle your taste buds: Enjoy energizing tasty meals with best of convivality and the coziness of Ghent!
- One-on-one project sparker with designers and scientists: Join one-on-one sessions with designers and scientists with expertise in the field of biodesign and biomaterials.
- Social activities such as an inspiring cooking feast, nature walks and city exploration: Connect with people during social activities, such as enjoying live music, cooking sessions and nature walks.