DC Network Meetup: Technology enhancing sustainability in fashion
Wearable technology, high tech fabrics, AR, VR, data analytics, blockchain, nanotechnology, internet of things, robotics, 3D rendering,… can all have an impact and added value on how we create, produce, experience and consume fashion today and tomorrow. Concrete examples such as smart textiles for second life purposes, RFID tags for traceability or AR/VR sizing for better fit in e-commerce showcase the potential of technology to create change and improve sustainability in fashion. In this Meetup we will share some of the most innovative approaches in the DC Network regions of how fashion designers and creative entrepreneurs use technology in fashion to enhance sustainability.
Who's this for?
Designers, creative entrepreneurs, representatives of creative clusters, network and business support organisations, policy makers and anyone with an interest in the subject.
The Meetup will be held online (via Livestorm) on September 9, 2021 from 3 4:30 pm (CET).
- 3:00 pm: Welcome by the Districts of Creativity Network and Flanders DC
- 3:10 pm: 5 Inspiring cases of technology enhancing sustainability in fashion (10 min. each)
Cases will be announced in the second half of August.
- 4:00 pm: Q&A and networking
- 4:30 pm: End of meetup
How to attend?
- Participance is free, but registration beforehand is required via this form.
- The Meetup will be held online from 3 pm — 4:30 pm CET.
- Shortly before the event you will receive a reminder e-mail with the link to the online platform.
About the DC Network Meetups
Founded in 2004, the DC Network unites 13 regions around the world that focus on cross-disciplinary creativity and innovation to improve prosperity. The DC Network Meetups are about bringing together professionals from the different DC Network-regions to discuss specific topics related to cross-disciplinary creativity, innovation & entrepreneurship. The idea is to share good practices/inspiring examples/projects and stimulate knowledge exchange.