Design Art Night — curated for the curious
As from 2019 onwards, Fosbury & Sons sets up a collaboration with design curators Maarten Statius Muller and Veerle Verbakel and design fair Collectible to entertain and inform design art aficionados and collectors.
Program for the evening
- 7.00 PM - 7.30 PM | Introduction by the organisation
- Stijn Geeraets - Fosbury & Sons
- Liv Vaisberg & Clélie Debehault - Collectible
- 7.30 PM - 9.00 PM | Speaker sessions - each 30 min.
- Linde Freya Tangelder (Destroyers / Builders)
- Théo Demans & Caroline Gieszner (touche - touche)
- Lionel Jadot
- 9.00 PM - 10.00 PM | Networking & drinks
For more information contact email@example.com
About the artists
- Xavier Lust describes his approach as an emotional equation with 4 parameters: Functionality, Beauty, Technology, Culture. Gradually, as the opportunities grew, Xavier Lust applied his language, his writing to all technologies, materials and scales. Since 2007, his limited editions are presented by the best actors and galleries specialized in Art-design. All his creations, 'alive objects', are a friendly presence that radiates in the space of life.
- Bram Vanderbeke lives and works in Ghent, Belgium, he graduated in 2016 from the Design Academy in Eindhoven, and is a member of the BRUT collective. His work is diverse, and has a sculptural and monumental form language. Bram explores and reforms relationships between object, environment and user, and plays with materials, form and functionality. His objects are artistic manifestations in which their functionality is not delineated.
- Wendy Andreu graduated Cum Laude from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2016. She is a craft designer who aims to communicate through the materials she is using. By experimenting with them, she finds surprising outcomes that can be translated into functional design proposals. She is able to execute any idea that comes to her mind in order to check the potential of it. She likes to think of the bridges between matter, people and space in an open way. In her research, the context has as much importance as the concept, without forgetting the quality of the making and the aesthetic of the pieces.
More information about the event can be found here.
Within the works of Destroyers/Builders an interaction between the furniture pieces exist in an overarching inspiration; found in architectural elements, materials or building techniques. The works of Linde Freya Tangelder (Belgian designer of the year 2019) founder of the studio, highlights the field between industry and humanity, through diverse materials. Both low- and high-end materials get revalued, reconsidered and transformed.
The dynamic duo touche—touche, Théo Demans (1992, FR) and Carolin Gieszner (1989, DE), currently living and working in Brussels.
The evasive (hardly graspable) practice of touche-touche, transports the viewer to an empire of dreamlike falseness and tactile illusions. Lacquered wooden tiles, foam rocks; simulated textures give the viewer a highlighted awareness of touch and thinking processes.
Born in Brussels in 1969, Lionel Jadot is an interior designer, artist, designer, filmmaker, adventurer. But all at once, preferably. ‘I never throw anything, I pick up everything'. He’s inviting us in subtle, off-beat worlds, on the edge of reality. Its material is made of dilated time. He seeks a protective balance in a hostile world. It is all about his constant questioning: what happens to the place where we live?