European Social Innovation Competition
The European Social Innovation Competition, launched in memory of Diogo Vasconcelos, is a Competition run by the European Commission across all European countries, now in its eighth year. The 2020 Competition is: Reimagine Fashion – changing behaviours for sustainable fashion.
Under the theme Reimagine Fashion: Changing behaviours for sustainable fashion, this year’s competition is looking for early stage projects that will change the ways we produce, buy, use and recycle fashion and encourage a more sustainable change in consumer behaviour – as well as to raise further awareness around the topic itself. The competition is open to entrants from across the EU Member States and Horizon 2020 associated countries until the application deadline on Wednesday 4 March. A jury will select three winning ideas in November, each of which will receive an award of 50,000 euro.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semi-Finalists that participate in the Competition have access to a range of support from social innovation experts.
- 1-to-1 dedicated mentoring from locally-based coaches
- Access to an online pool of experts from across Europe
- A series of exclusive webinars covering topics about social innovation and sustainable fashion
- A 3-4 day residential training Academy, including group workshops, discussion panels, guest speakers, and 1 to 1 support
- Ongoing peer support and networking with fellow entrants
- Promotion on the Competition’s website, social media channels, newsletter and press releases as well as by the European Commission
- Press support from Media and Communications experts, including a media asset kit
- An opportunity to win one of three 50,000 euro cash prizes and ongoing recognition as an Alumni of the Competition with access to the Alumni Network
- An opportunity to win a further 50,000 euro cash prize the following year as part of the 2021 Impact Prize