GlazenHuis: Hot Glass Summer Residencies
The glass centre GlazenHuis (Lommel, Belgium) is organizing two duo-residencies for hot glass artists this upcoming summer.
We are looking for two 2-person teams of talented and experienced glassblowers with interesting art practices, who are able to work for two weeks at the glass studio of the GlazenHuis. The focus of this residency is the creation of new work through research and experiment.
We are offering full access to the hot and cold-working facilities, an additional assistant glassblower/cold-worker and free lodging including rich breakfast. Transport costs will be covered up to 500 euros per person. Each team will receive 1000 euros for food expenses.
In return we kindly ask to create and donate one excellent work of art as a contribution to the city’s contemporary glass collection and a series of 5 objects as gifts for our main sponsors and patrons.
- Period 1: 16 July – 28 July 2019
- Period 2: 30 July – 11 August 2019
How to apply
Interested applicants, who agree with the conditions above, may send an application by email (1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline of 10 June 2019. Selection of the summer residents will be announced by 12 June 2019.
- A short bio and current curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages), including full contact information, telephone number and email address.
- Up to 15 images indicating technical skills and artistic talents.
- A residency proposal outlining how the residency will contribute to the applicant's artistic development and what the applicant intends to achieve.
- A clear description and preferably design drawing of the artwork to be created and donated as a contribution for the city’s contemporary glass collection.