LIM call for writers/directors
16 film projects selected each year from all over the world wanting to strengthen their ability to follow the development of feature film projects within a low to micro budget frame: LIM is welcoming writers / directors with a first, second or third feature project, as well as artists coming from theatre, documentary and visual arts, who apply with a project at an early stage of development. LIM programme includes 3 one-week residential workshops, in Brittany, France (March), in Transylvania, Romania (June) and in Poland (October).
What is needed for the application?
- Summary: 850 signs maximum – spaces included
- Short treatment: 15 000 signs maximum – spaces included
- Director’s intention note stating what kind of film do you have in mind, and why you want to make this project now more than another one? 5 000 signs maximum – spaces included
- Letter stating why and how you intend to shoot this film with a limited or very limited budget (don’t tell us you won’t pay anybody… or your country is cheap anyway: we need a bit of your “brain juice”!): 10 000 signs maximum – spaces included
- Biography / Experience: 850 signs maximum – spaces included
- Filmography and/or other works: maximum of 10 films
- Link to one previous film/artwork the most representative of your writer/director touch
In addition to the documents you are sending for your application, we would like you to send us what we call a “Tell Me” which is a short video of yourself pitching your project. This video should be:
- A Webcam shot in one take, as simple as possible, no editing.
- Should just be you telling us the story you have in mind, taking us close to your main character(s) struggle.
- Give as much as possible a vision of where the story goes (beginning, middle and end), what will be the drive, as well as the atmosphere. Please, try to take us even if you’re in a very beginning stage of development.
NB: The working language of all LIM workshops, meetings and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
The participation fee is 900 euro for writers/directors. This amount covers workshop training, on-line sessions, accommodation and subsistence during the workshops. Participants must pay travel costs. Scholarships can be allocated for travel costs to participants from countries with no support mechanisms. We encourage participants to apply for financial support with their national/regional funding bodies first. In many countries, grants are available for this training.