Open call: Dutch Design Week 2019
During the 18th edition of Dutch Design Week (DDW) in Eindhoven you can see with your own eyes how tomorrow’s world is already taking shape. Smart solutions and inventive designs offer new perspectives that look very promising. From 19 to 27 October 2019 the doors to the future will once again be open for nine days in a city that buzzes with innovation and creative energy.
With their ability to create and solve problems, designers have a positive impact on the complex challenges of tomorrow. The selection committee examines all the application based on this belief and the following criteria:
- The project is design related.
- The project is topical/recent (thought of, created or made in the period 2018-2019) and has not been seen at DDW before.
- The project is innovative and/or contributes to existing ideas.
- The project is well-considered and thought out and ready for presentation.
- The project is original, distinctive or experimental in both idea and execution.
The selection committee encourages submissions that originate from a cooperation between designers, commerce, experts, industry and /or knowledge institutes.
- Monday: 1 April 2019: Open for projects DDW19
- Monday 1 July 2019: Deadline for projects DDW19
- Thursday 1 august 2019: Deadline for uploading text, images and information — important to complete the online programme and in connection with the incorporation in the public campaign, promotional channels and other publicity activities for DDW.
- 19 — 27 octobre 2019: Dutch Design Week
- November: Complete DDW Questionnaire