Open call: Werktank - factory for new and old media art
Werktank is looking for postdigital artisans and artists to propose projects . We are looking for new aesthetics and crossbreeds between installation art and visual art, design, textile art, ancient technologies and artisanal methods. Werktank will award a grant for the creation and production of a new installation or artwork.
We are particularly interested in contemporary artists who are questioning the digital versus the handmade, who craft by hand whilst embracing the digital age or using digital technology to transform ancient technology.
Deadline for the call is 5th of May 2019. The selected project will be announced by 11th of June 2019.
- A total budget of €10.000 (all-in). This includes the expenses for materials, lodging and travel.
- Access to the Werktank workspace, including the use of all machines (a variety of wood and metal machines, audio, video and light equipment, 3D printer, stitching machines, …) and on-site assistance.
- Artistic and technical assistance during the creation of the project.
- Distribution of the project by Werktank.
- Access to our network of partners and our Prototheek, a platform for knowledge sharing.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to email@example.com until the 5th of May including the following documents:
- CV in English or Dutch with a link to a personal website, an overview of previous works and online video documentation (if available).
- Personal statement English or Dutch
- Project outline with images and technical drawings in English or Dutch, max. 1 A4
- We also accept unfinished projects, which could use further funds in order to be completed, or finished projects, which could use further funds in order to be expanded upon. In the latter case, please outline how further funds will help your project.
- Budget in English or Dutch.
- For international candidates: indicate if you are eligible to apply for grants in your country(travel/production). Please add a link or info on the grant.