Reciprocity is an international triennale of design and social innovation. The next edition is scheduled for 5 October until 25 November 2018. It will take place in prestigious locations across Liege and its province, with the participation of other cities of the Euregio Meuse-Rhine.
- Design as an economic and cultural vector, capable of provoking a significant transformation of social awareness and ethical responsibility. In this respect, special focus is given to issues of care. A platform for Walloon, Belgian and international design products and services that directly reflect on sustainable development, and cultural, technological, economic and societal innovation. As such, a series of exhibitions, workshops and a symposium investigate the response of international architects and designers to challenges associated with care and well-being, housing and daily objects. Issues of human, economic, and environmental fragility, and accessibility and adaptability, will all be explored indepth.
- Design education as a place of experimentation and research for a sustainable and ethical future. As a result of a call for projects open to higher education institutes and universities offering design qualifications, an exhibition of selected works by students will draw up an inventory of design pedagogy in Wallonia and across Europe. The aim and hope is to stimulate and promote interest in learning.
- Design as a shared space of multidisciplinary research & production geared towards social and public innovation. Here the role of designers is as facilitators of co-creative projects. We see these arise from a new civic responsibility and the principle of social inclusion, engaging directly in the urban, cultural, and economic problems of our cities and suburbs.
Discover the full programme on the website.
Winners The new (learning) objects
- International prize: project Create - Alessandra Saporita - Abadir Academy
- Prize Federation Wallonie-Brussels Education: project Unis Son - Jacques Ernotte - Est Saint-Luc Liège
- Prize Federation Wallonie-Brussels: project Géometrie Variable - Anne-Sophie Muller - ARBA-ESA Bruxelles
- Prize Euregio: project Nomadlab - Emma Ribbens - LUCA Campus C-Mine Genk
- Prize Reciprocity: project & manifesto The School - Pablo Hannon - The School Hasselt