Summer School: Innovation in Social Design
This summer, !DROPS collaborates with the University of Antwerp and Service Design Network Belgium to organise the Antwerp Summer University, a five-day practical, inspiring and engaging summer school about innovation in social design. Join us from July 1 until July 5, submerge yourself in the world of social design and create solutions to societal challenges.
- Day 1: Storytelling through design
- Day 2 & 3: Co-design challenges
- Day 4: International/Intercultural design + Business modelling
- Day 5: Prototyping in bio / circular / digital / fashion design
Alongside these themes, your days will be filled with inspiring talks from empowering people, such as
- Ivo Dewit (Doctoral researcher at the University of Antwerp, Belgium with a background in business studies)
- Stina Vanhoof (Service dDesigner at Knight Moves / co-founder of Service Design Network (SDN) Belgium)
- Wim Putzeys (Service designer at Peel / co-founder of Service Design Network (SDN) Belgium)
- Nathalie Goethals (The founder & director of !DROPS, Ghent, Belgium)
- Anna Kint (Project designer and facilitator at !DROPS)
- GLIMPS (Engages a strategic transition towards an open bio-based economy)
- Annelys de Vet(Founder & director – Disarming Design from Palestine; Course Leader Design Department – Sandberg Instituut Amsterdam; Founder – Subjective Atlas Foundation)
To keep the minds fresh and to maximise interaction, you will have the opportunity to take part in several fun and interesting social activities that will be organised during evenings. Take these opportunities to get to know your fellow class-mates and staff in a more informal way, get in touch with peers who are attending other Summer Schools and make the most of your stay in Antwerp.