The Sustainability Fundamentals
The Sustainable Fashion Academy is the world's premier source for professional education in sustainable apparel practices for retailers, brand and apparel professionals. Flanders DC offers a discount to participate in the online course The Sustainability Fundamentals. This course provides a foundational understanding of sustainable apparel challenges and helps prepare your staff for critical sustainable apparel business choices.
SFA has been advising, educating and training apparel leaders and professionals in sustainable practices since 2008. Partial list of clients includes Acne, Asics, Asos, COS, Ellos, Filippa K, Fjallraven, GAP, Haglofs, H&M, ISPO, Oysho, Peak Performance and ZARA. SFA also provides strategic and tactical advice to academic institutions and non-governmental organisations on sustainability strategy, governance, management and communication.
The course will help to:
- stimulate needed internal discussions about sustainability practices at your company.
- ensure a common sustainability language between different departments and functions.
- clarify sustainability goals, commitments, and identify gaps in your current approach.
- provide a basis for educating staff about sustainability strategy, priorities and expectations.
- increase staff engagement.
- improve company morale and motivation overall.
- demonstrate your company’s commitment to sustainable business to new and future employees.
- leverage your organisation’s sustainability work in an effective and cost-efficient way.
- Spring 2018, 2nd term: course dates 3rd April > 15th June. Registration open until 16th March 2018.
- Fall 2018, 3rd term: course dates 17th September > 30th November. Registration open until 31st August 2018.
Flanders DC discount
- 10% off the published course price for the Flanders DC network
- Additional group rebates for any company or organisation registering larger groups
- Consultation and advice regarding training strategy for groups is available
Published course price per person as of December 2017 is 840 euro. Please provide the following code SFA18FlandersDC when you contact SFA to request registration information.