Visionary Seminar: Games For Society
In this Visionary Seminar, we bring together national and international top speakers in the realm of digital gaming who have a vision on how to create meaningful games for and in an open and inclusive society. They are well-suited to foster the positive power of games from both a player and game developer perspective.
Digital games take an important place in our society. Digital games are popular over the entire world. The popularity of playing digital games and interacting with game elements in various contexts like education, work and health continues to rise. We are not only witnessing an increase in the number of players and their diversity, but also with respect to the variety in types of digital games and play.
- 15:30 - 16:00: Arrival online or in Leuven
- 16:00 - 16:05: Welcome by Leuven MindGate
- 16:05 - 16:15: Introduction to the ’fun society’ and homo ludens Introduction by Chairperson Bieke Zaman, KU Leuven
- 16:15 - 17:00: Global Games: Cross - Cultural Perspectives + Q&A Opening Keynote Rami Ismail, Vlambeer
- 17:00 - 17:15: Free for All? Digital Games and Disability + Q&A Prof. Kathrin Gerling, KU Leuven
- 17:15 - 17:45: Break
- 17:45 - 18:00: Game Play Metrics as Digital Biomarkers + Q&A PhD researcher Karsten Gielis, KU Leuven
- 18:00 - 18:15: Being Serious About Games: Industry Perspectives + Q&A Jeroen Janssen, Happy Volcano
- 18:15 - 18:45: Debunking Stereotypes: Older Video Game Players + Q&A Closing Keynote Bob De Schutter, Lifelong Games (LLC)
- 18:45 - 19:00: Closing Debate Moderated by ‘challenger’ David Verbruggen, Ingames, FLEGA
- 19:00-...: Networking