T.VDB is the creative studio, founded by the Belgian transdisciplinary artist and fashion designer Tom Van der Borght.
The studio focuses on people, rather than gender, as the core of T.VDB and its work is difficult to capture under a binary definition, description or title. T.VDB focuses on sustainability. Tom Van der Borght's work is internationally renowned for his non-conformist approach, which challenges and breaks through rules and conventions, blurring the boundaries between fashion, performance and art.
His work is highly conceptual, in which breaking through dominant values and norms is central. His work is characterized by a traditional approach and the development of sustainable innovations.
Tom Van der Borght works as an independent artist, on the boundaries of fashion, textiles, graphics, video, performance, scenography and visual arts.
In addition to developing autonomous work in the form of collections, artistic research, performance and visual arts, Studio T.VDB works on commission for a wide range of partners and creative projects (Mercedes-Benz, Lille3000, Baccarat, Lille3000, Chanel, Le19M , Blanca Li, Miet Warlop…)
T.VDB is looking for an intern to support and help our design team.
Your tasks will be
- do research and design for the show collection, collaborations and seasonal projects
- do creative research for the creative projects: sourcing images, vintage inspiration, making of samples and mock-ups in connection with the inputs of the Art Director, aligned to the DNA of the studio
- research and conceptualize ideas for the collaborations and special projects
- make sketches using Photoshop, illustrator and Indesign to illustrate design ideas
- undertake technical design aspects.
- Draw detailed technical sketches of garments, accessories and jewelry in Adobe Illustrator.
- Create graphically interesting content for our social media channels
- conceptualize and create original graphics that are true to the brand DNA as well as work on layouts (collection graphics, show and showroom invitations, selected social media content, press releases content etc.)
- Help creating visuals and optimize existing visual material
- Textile prints development
- Developing concepts for artistic projects, designing Tvdb books
- You preferably have an education in graphical design, multi media design or any other relevant artistic or design education, with strong graphic skills.
- Preferably you have to perform an internship as a compulsory part of your arts- or design education
- You have an eye for details and are well-organized and independent
- You are a problem solver and like to work with deadlines
- You are stress resistent, able to think outside of the box and highly motivated - You speak fluently in English, other languages are a plus
- Computerskills: Microsoft Office (EXCEL), Adobe (ILLUSTRATOR, INDESIGN, PHOTOSHOP) , …
- Knowledge of video editing or web designing software is a plus.
- You don’t have a 9-5 mentality.
What we offer
- An instructive internship with a varied range of tasks and responsibility in a professional environment;
- An internship with a minimum duration of 3 months.
You will join a small team where you will learn all facets of the creative industry, in an open and transparent working environment. You will get a unique insight in the day-to-day reality of an international emerging creative studio.
T.VDB embraces diversity as a reflection of reality, and strongly encourages applications of people of any gender, religion, skin color, nationality, sexual orientation, ability, age and/or ethnical background .
Interested? Send your CV , a motivation letter and your portfolio to: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!
Contact: Sofie Renap