Maison Tricot is a Knitwear Design Studio providing 360° consultancy services in everything that is knitwear. We assist anywhere from the conception of an idea to the design, development and production of a product, for both fashion and interior design.
Maison Tricot has a proud family heritage with over 40 years of experience in the field of knitwear. Being considered true experts in their field, mother Hilde Frunt and son Ilia Eckardt have been collaborating with Belgium's best and brightest designers: Dries Van Noten, Raf Simons, Ann Demeulemeester and many more. The last few years we have been expanding our textile knowledge in the world of interior and outdoor designs developing high end products, always with our crafted touch.
We do all our research, designing and development in our offices in the heart of Antwerp. We do many of our initial developments at our in-house studio using crochet, hand knit and domestic knitting machines.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ CANDIDATE PROFILE
We are looking for someone who is passionate for design & knitwear, with a sensibility for the practice. Your main role will be assisting the womenswear designer with designing and developing collection for our clients.
- Trend and inspiration research, online & in stores, fairs etc
- Development of new concepts
- Creating mood boards that reflect clear design ideas
- Assisting on designing garments/ collections for multiple clients
- Assisting with sourcing yarns & materials
- Executing technical flat drawings on illustrator
- Realizing tech packs for knitwear garment suppliers
- Attending fittings and keeping track of comments
- Quality control of prototypes, measuring styles
- Assisting with collection management & product development
- Bachelor degree in fashion design or equivalent experience
- Having an understanding of the Maison Tricot ethos & aesthetic
- Being able to adapt to the aesthetic and needs of different clients
- Basic technical knowledge in knitwear development
- Advance knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skilled in making technical drawings on illustrator
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills in English
- Drivers license B is a plus
We want to meet someone creative with drive, eager to emerge themselves in new exciting projects. A hard working mentality that enjoys working in a team while feels confident to work independently and take initiative.
Maison Tricot has a unique knitwear know how to share with you.
The aim of this position is to offer an opportunity to achieve complementary knowledge and experience in your field of interest. Since Maison Tricot is a small company you get to participate on multiple projects from different clients in a day-to-day basis.
Jobtype: Part-time (2 days a week/ growth potential)
Location: Antwerp / RemoteLocation: Antwerp
Contracttype: BIS Contract
Expectedstartdate: October / November 2022
Duration: 6 months (with possible extension)
Pay: Entry Level
Please apply by sending a portfolio, cv and cover letter
Contact: Alexandra Christodoulou