Raf Simons is a mens- and womenswear brand, catering to an international market with a loyal fanbase.
Based in Antwerp (Belgium) we work with a small and passionate team to create innovative designs.
- Master’s degree in fashion design
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a design role for a contemporary high-end brand
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign skills
- Ability to apply highly conceptual ideas to fashion and garment making - Excellent technical knowledge of garment construction, fit process and fabrics
- Hands-on experience with conceptualizing design projects and working on its execution
- Strong sensibility and understanding of the RAF SIMONS universe and interest in culture
- Flexible and fast, but organized and hands-on, with a high level of attention to detail
- Have the ability and work ethic to work well in a fast paced and creative environment, in which you are able to perform under some pressure - A hardworking team player
- Occasional travel is necessary
As a part of the design team you will
- do research and design for the show collection, collaborations and seasonal projects
- do creative research for the collection concept and designs: sourcing images, vintage inspiration, making of samples and mock-ups in connection with the inputs of the Art Director, aligned to the DNA of the brand
- research and conceptualize ideas for the collaboration collections and special projects
- make sketches using Photoshop and Illustrator to illustrate design ideas - undertake technical design aspects, as well as participate in fittings
- draw detailed technical sketches of garments, accessories and jewelry in Adobe Illustrator
- prepare technical packs for handover to product development - work closely and communicate daily on changes that arise during the design and development process
- ensure all styles are to the highest possible standard and help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting or proto process - make sure the brand DNA is present in every garment
- liaise with sales, studio manager and design team to ensure deadlines are met
- conceptualize and create original graphics that are true to the brand DNA as well as work on layouts (collection graphics, show and showroom invitations, selected social media content, press releases content etc.)
- work on the show and showroom preparations
- guide and involve interns in the design process
Apply by sending your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org before March, 10th.