Jan-Jan Van Essche is a Antwerp designer who launched his first collection in 2010, named ‘Yukkuri’ (Japanese for ‘taking it easy). A concept capturing the philosophy behind the designer’s approach in creating contemporary fashion.
As all collection pieces are designed and developed in the studio, the studio offers a close-up experience during the whole design and production process, as well as a position in the midst of a small team.
The Jan-Jan Van Essche studio provides placements for interns starting from beginning of April 2024 and ending ideally end of July 2024.
- Pattern making skills
- Experienced with Industrial and domestic sewing machines
- English language
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Good work ethics; independent and focussed
- Good organizational and time management skills
Additional talents welcome
- Hand Knitting
- Hand weaving experience
- Assisting during the development process
- Assisting during the production process
- Independent development of collection pieces on sewing machines
- Assisting during photoshoots
- Assisting sales and press preparations
- Assisting during Paris showroom