As an Electronics Design Engineer your days are filled with challenging tasks:
- You are responsible for the development of the electronic and firmware aspect of innovative projects, starting from early concept phase up to final production ready design.
- You support designs and execute the engineering. You test, validate, optimize and detail concepts from functional prototypes to production ready designs.
- You will take the lead in the following activities
- System engineering
- Electronics breadboarding
- Schematics design
- PCB layout
- Debugging & testing
- Firmware development
- Directing and follow-up of suppliers
- You convert your broad knowledge of technologies in concrete solutions and engage the appropriate people & partners to ensure a working solution;
- You assist in the quotation process, providing estimates for the efforts and costs for the electronic design scope.
- When working on medical device projects, you support & improve our ISO13485 compliant quality management system;
Are you passionate about design and development, and are you up for a challenge? We would like to welcome you to our team if you have the following characteristics and attributes:
- You want to design/develop products and have a great technical insight about how things work;
- You have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in electronics.
- A hands-on approach and experience in electrical design is a must have.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- You have the skills to work together as a team, incorporate the input from all team members in the decision process;
- You take note of the needs of your (internal & external) customers and are able to transform these proactively into a plan of action;
- You have experience with software tools (Altium, KiCad, ...) for schematic entry and PCB layout
- Hands-on in basic programming languages is a plus. (C, C++, Python,…)
- Working proficiency of English and Dutch is required.
- Knowledge of EMC/ESD standards and testing is a plus.
- Wide ranging knowledge of micro-controllers and SoCs is a bonus
- Experience with IEC 60601 is a plus.
What we offer
At Achilles Design you contribute to our continuous growth. In addition we offer you:
- Work at the forefront of innovation in Belgium with access to newest trends in product design & engineering, digital, innovation & service design, as well as brand design;
- A challenging set of multi-sector projects that are typically strategic for our clients;
- An attractive to above-market total compensation package;
- An exciting work environment influenced by dynamic, creative, and multidisciplinary teams;
- A young, positive and open-minded culture with the ability to permanently reinvent itself;
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of truly meaningful innovation for our clients;
- Flexible working hours with a fixed contract of indefinite duration;
- An open culture with an informal communication style and a pleasant working atmosphere;
- A prototype lab to create quick prototypes of mechanical and electronic designs
- An ambitious and strongly growing organization that has social engagement, durability, sustainability, and business ethics in its genes.