Jasna Rok Lab is an award-winning pioneering studio combining innovative fashion and cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2016, as the first FashionTech design lab in Belgium, which was created to reconcile advanced technologies with interactive fashion and does so by collaborating with technology partners globally (Nokia Bell Labs, Volkswagen, Fujitsu, Nasa,... just to name a few.).
The Jasna Rok Lab is fascinated by space travel and the idea of creating one unique garment which becomes a living organism on its own, an extension of our bodies that creates a new way of human communication that reshapes our responses to our innermost feelings, a brand new dimension of interaction.Our Fashion and technology projects focus on empathy and human connection. We envision a world in which people are more conscious about themselves and others thanks to emotionally connected fashion.
As a creative fashion design intern, you will be working closely with the creative-team and attend all fittings with the designer. You are able to deliver patterns and also work by hand and do moulages, shape research, draping, translate design from sketches, and feel responsible for our high-quality product from 1st proto to final collection pieces.
- Creative research for the collection concept and designs: sourcing images, moodboard inspiration, embroidery and hand stitches,making of samples and mock-ups in connection with the inputs of Jasna Rokegem, aligned to the DNA of the brand.
- You have experience with fine hand sewing.
- Develop patterns from moulages.
- You check and assess the incoming substances and carry out the substance tests.
- Prepare toiles for fittings.
- Work on in-house made show-pieces, and retouch on finished samples.
- Attend the show fittings in Belgium and abroad, and assist on side during the show and fairs
- Textile design or fashion design student
- You are versatile/flexible.
- You can interpret patterns.
- You are enthusiastic and motivated.
- You have an eye and attention for detail
We offer you an educational, interesting and challenging internship with a varied range of duties and responsibilities in a professional environment working together with a small and international team. You will experience all the facets of working in a FashTech lab and gain experience in the development of a Fashion and technology collection.
Duration: 3-6 months
Start in September or October.
Interested in how we can help you shape the future of your industry?
Shoot us an email at email@example.com. Please email your portfolio, CV and cover letter so we can get to know you!