Lockwood Skate shop is a household name within the Belgian skate scene since 1996. Last year we launched our first full-blown Lockwood collection with a sharp vision on the future. This was our first step into expending the Lockwood universe into a brand with a focus on the Antwerp skate and fashion scene. We aim to be a skate-credible cross-over.
As our own brand is growing and we are still positioned within the multi-brand sector, a graphic designer will work in both fields. There will be a wide variety of tasks which should be executed with a vision on contemporary aesthetics, trends, and marketing.
Lockwood brand is seeking an intern with academic experience in graphic design to work in our design studio. This team is led by our creative director who works together with an in-house graphic designer, you will be professionally guided under their supervision.
- Graphic design for a wide variety of tasks such as the Lockwood collection, our store, the content we make, the events we bring, and so on.
- Content creation and editing.
- Campaign and pack shot editing.
- In-depth research on both contemporary and vintage subjects.
- Many more creative tasks based on your abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, or any related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (InDesign is welcome, but not mandatory).
- Basics in video editing.
- Ability to follow creative direction within the Lockwood universe.
- Drivers license B (welcome, but not mandatory).
- Hands-on and hard-working.
- An affinity with skateboarding and the culture is necessary.
Our on-line presence:
- Our website: https://www.lockwood-avenue.com/en/
- Our Instagram (Lockwood): https://www.instagram.com/lockwoodskateshop/
- Our Instagram (Avenue): https://www.instagram.com/avenuestore/
- Creative direction: Nick Haemels (Raf Simons, Burberry, Arte, Fashion Academy of Antwerp, ...)
- Graphic design: Laurens Maes (iO, Rampage, Amelie Lens, ...)
- Skate related work: Niels Cuyvers (Lockwood senior skateboard manager)
This 3-months minimum internship, for which you are available 3-5 days a week, is the opportunity to unleash your creative skills and gain hands-on experience at an independent brand and retailer. Our team is young, vibrant, and professional. You will be able to swift between different departments of our company and learn wherever you can. Apply, if you feel ambitious and inspired.
Apply through: Nick@lockwood-avenue.com and/or Classofxx@lockwood-avenue.com