Studio T.VDB is the creative studio, founded by the Belgian transdisciplinary artist and fashion designer Tom Van der Borght.
The studio focuses on people, rather than gender, as the core of Studio T.VDB and its work is difficult to capture under a binary definition, description or title. Studio T.VDB focuses on sustainability. Tom Van der Borght's work is internationally renowned for his non-conformist approach, which challenges and breaks through rules and conventions, blurring the boundaries between fashion, performance and art.
His work is highly conceptual, in which breaking through dominant values and norms is central. His work is characterized by a traditional approach and the development of sustainable innovations.
Tom Van der Borght works as an independent artist, on the boundaries of fashion, textiles, graphics, video, performance, scenography and visual arts.
In addition to developing autonomous work in the form of collections, artistic research, performance and visual arts, Studio T.VDB works on commission for a wide range of partners and creative projects (Mercedes-Benz, Lille3000, Baccarat, Lille3000, Chanel, Le19M , Blanca Li, Miet Warlop…)
T.VDB is looking for an intern to support and help our design team.
You tasks will be
- Follow-up of fabrics and trims orders
- Follow-up manufacturers and production/collection pieces
- Preparation of technical files to manufactures/producers
- Research for new techniques, material or finishings
- Stitching of prototypes
- Drawing of patterns
- Attending fittings and inform manufactures for the adaptations
- Production of handmade luxury items
- Assistance in daily activities of the studio
- You preferably have an education in fashion design, fashion technology or any other relevant artistic or design education, with strong graphic skills.
- Preferably you have to perform an internship as a compulsory part of your arts- or design education
- You have an eye for details and are well-organized and independent
- You are a problem solver and like to work with deadlines
- You are stress resistent, able to think outside of the box and highly motivated
- You speak fluently in English, other languages are a plus
- Computerskills: Microsoft Office (EXCEL), Adobe (ILLUSTRATOR, INDESIGN, PHOTOSHOP) , …
- You don’t have a 9-5 mentality.
What we offer
You will join a small team where you will learn all facets of the creative industry, in an open and transparent working environment. You will get a unique insight in the day-to-day reality of an international emerging creative studio.
T.VDB embraces diversity as a reflection of reality, and strongly encourages applications of people of any gender, religion, skin color, nationality, sexual orientation, ability, age and/or ethnical background .
Interested? Send your CV , a motivation letter and your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!