Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp based company started in 2003. With 4 womenswear collections a year carried by more than 100 retailers worldwide. The brand is known for its strong knitwear collections, hand- drawn prints and jacquards. The brand is currently hiring a creative assistant.
As a creative assistant, you will be working closely with the designer, knit and graphic designer, patternmakers and product developer.
You will assist in shape development of woven and knit collections for menswear & womenswear. You’ll assist on choosing prints, fabrics & leathers for the different collections. Besides garments you’ll also work on shoes and accessories design from concept to product.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Creating mood boards, color stories, fabric selection and collection plans
- Shape research, drawing, draping and technical drawings
- Attend fittings and communicate work to interns & creative team
- Launching styles at producers and subsequent planning and follow up
- Trimmings selection for the designs
- Take lead in running the creative studio, control workflow & general organization of the studio
- Assist show styling and take lead in show- & look-book shoot organization
- Oversee special projects and collaborations
- Hiring and contact person of creative interns
- You have a bachelor’s degree in fashion design and/or at least 3 years of working experience in a similar job and sufficient technical background
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Skilled to make technical drawings by hand
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch language is an advantage but not necessary.
- You are immune to stress, flexible, and have a hands-on positive attitude
- A driver’s license B is a plus
Christian Wijnants offers a full-time position in growing company.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com
Including a cover letter, portfolio and CV.