Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp based company started in 2003. With 4 womenswear collections a year carried by more than 100 retailers worldwide. The brand is known for its strong knitwear collections, hand drawn prints and jacquards. We recently also introduced a small Menswear collection focusing on knitwear and a collection of knitwear essentials. We are currently looking for a full-time knitwear developer to strengthen our creative team.
As a knitwear developer you will be working closely with the designer to create the knitwear collections from yarn selection, stitch development to proto-type. You will be responsible for collection development & production follow up on all knitwear collections.
YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Yarn sourcing / selection and pricing
- Make moodboards and inspiration for knitwear collection
- Purchasing yarn for sampling, keeping collection budgets
- Stitch & jacquard drawing development by hand / computer
- Shape/ style development, technical communication to producers
- Attend fittings and communicate changes on proto-types
- Keep dead-lines & planning, prepare collection plans per producer
- Attend show during Paris fashion week, and visit Pitti Filati fair.
- Follow up production changes after sales period, check preproduction samples & pre-shipment samples, follow up communication during full production cycle.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (or PROFILE)
- Bachelor degree in textile or fashion design
- Technical back-ground in knitwear development
- 2-3 years working experience in a similar job,
- Good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Skilled to make technical drawings by hand
- Technical back-ground to make trials with hand-knitting machines, and trials by hand
- Strong communication skills in English, written & spoken
- Drivers license B is a plus
Christian Wijnants is offering a full-time position in growing company.