As a mechanical engineer you’re responsible for the development of the electromechanical aspect of our technical projects. This includes: system design, concept generation, detailing, verification, validation, enabling and preparing industrial production. You’ll communicate with the customer, suppliers, project partners, and colleagues and keep track of timing and budget.
You support our designers and take responsibility for the engineering part of the projects. You test, validate, optimize and detail concepts from functional prototypes to production-ready designs.
You convert your broad knowledge of technologies into tangible solutions and actively engage with all relevant stakeholders.
Are you passionate about design and development, and are you up for a challenge? We would like to welcome you to our team if your profile fits the following requirements:
- A master’s degree in industrial engineering or similar, preferably with a specialisation in (electro)mechanics, production techniques, or mechatronics;
- Preferably several years of relevant work experience in an engineering environment;
- Knowledge of mechanical construction principles, evaluation and production techniques. You are able to assess, test and validate the technical feasibility of a concept;
- You have experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks, Creo or equivalent);
- It would be a plus if you also have experience with elementary electronics and programming (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) to quickly generate some mock-ups & prototypes;
- Knowledge or experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO13485) and/or regulatory affairs would also be welcome. When working on medical devices, you work according and improve our ISO13485 quality management system;
- You feel at ease communicating on a regular basis with clients, suppliers, internal designers & other engineers within the company;
- You take note of the needs of your (internal & external) customers and are able to transform these proactively into a plan of action;
- Dutch native speaker, working proficiency in English is required.
- You are able to work independently and in a team.
What we offer
At Achilles Design you contribute to our continuous growth. In addition we offer you:
- A contract for an indefinite period;
- An attractive total compensation package;
- Challenging and innovative projects in various sectors that on a regular basis require working together with colleagues from other disciplines;
- A prototype lab to create quick prototypes of mechanical and electronic designs;
- A pleasant, hybrid working environment where working from home is possible;
- A self-steering structure in which you help determine the direction of the company and your own job;
- An exciting work environment influenced by dynamic, creative and multidisciplinary teams;
- A young, positive and open-minded culture;
- An ambitious and fast-growing organisation that has social engagement, usability, sustainability, and business ethics in its genes;
- We always keep work-life in balance.
About Achilles Design
Achilles Design is an experienced design research and development company that helps bring ideas to the market, from the front end of innovation to market launch.
We’re a company of experts in a wide variety of disciplines: from strategic advice to detailed product design & engineering, branding, digital design, service design and spatial design. Because we work closely together and consult each other’s expertise, we can continuously offer the best design services in an integrated way. All within several industries such as healthcare, retail, sports & lifestyle (with an expertise in bicycle design) and industrial design.