Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp based company started in 2003. With 4 womenswear collections a year and carried by more than 100 retailers worldwide. The brand is known for its strong knitwear collections, hand-drawn prints & jacquards and special shapes. We are currently looking for a creative pattern-cutter with working experience for a full-time position in our company.
As a creative pattern cutter, you will be working closely with the creative-team and attend all fittings with the designer. You are able to deliver production patterns in Lectra, but also work by hand and do moulages, shape research, draping, translate design from sketches, and feel responsible for our high-quality product from 1st proto to production delivery to or stores.
Your job responsibilities include
- Develop (hand-drawn & computer) patterns from sketches or drapes, given by the design team. Or work on own drapes.
- Develop new constructions by moulage
- Prepare toiles for fittings
- Attend fittings, and make adaptions as discussed with the design team
- Prepare final patterns for manufacturers, and calculate fabric consumptions
- Prepare technical instructions and measurement tables for the manufacturer
- Work on in-house made show-pieces, and retouch on finished samples.
- Attend the show fittings in Paris, and assist backstage during the show
- Instruct & teach interns to make technical drawings, moulages or stitch toiles
- Make production corrections to the patterns, and work closely together with production department to communicate production improvements to the manufacturers
- You have a bachelor’s degree in pattern cutting, or fashion design specialized in pattern-cutting
- At least 3-4 years working experience in a similar job, company and sufficient technical background.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage but not needed.
- Experience with digital patternmaking in (LECTRA) is required.
If you are interested in this job, please email your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org