MAISON TRICOT KNITWEAR WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER (MATERNITY COVER)
November ‘21 to February ’22 (Included)
With potential of extension
Maison Tricot is a Knitwear Design Studio providing a 360° consultancy services in everything that is knitwear. We assist anywhere from the conception of an idea to the design, development and production of a product, for both fashion and interior design.
Maison Tricot has a proud family heritage with over 40 years of experience in the field of knitwear. Being considered true experts in their field, mother Hilde Frunt and son Ilia Eckardt have been collaborating with Belgium's best and brightest designers: Dries Van Noten, Raf Simons, Ann Demeulemeester and many more. The last few years we have been expanding our textile knowledge in the world of interior and outdoor designs developing high end products, always with our crafted touch.
We do all our research, designing and development in our offices in the heart of Antwerp. We do many of our initial developments at our in-house studio using crochet, hand knit and domestic knitting machines.
Job Description/ Candidate Profile
We are looking for someone who is passionate for design & knitwear, with a sensibility for the practice. Your main role will be guiding the womenswear design projects and assisting in the interior projects with research & design as well as product development.
- Trend and inspiration research, online & in stores, fairs etc
- Developments of new concepts both in Fashion & Interior
- Creating mood boards that reflect clear design ideas
- Designing garments/ collections for multiple clients
- Assisting with sourcing yarns & materials
- Directing stich & yarn development
- Executing technical flat drawings on illustrator
- Realizing tech packs for knitwear garment suppliers
- Following up with suppliers
- Attending fittings and communicate changes on prototypes
- Assisting with collection management & product development
- Minimum 3 years working experience in similar position
- Bachelor degree in textile or fashion design is preferred
- Having an understanding of the Maison Tricot ethos & aesthetic
- Being able to adapt to the aesthetic and needs of different clients
- Technical knowledge and background in knitwear development
- Advance knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skilled to make technical drawings on illustrator
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills in English (Dutch is a plus)
- Drivers license B is a plus
We want to meet someone with experience, eager to emerge themselves in new exciting projects. A hard working mentality that enjoys working in a team while feels confident to work independently and take initiative.
Maison Tricot has a unique knitwear know how to share with you.
The aim of this position is to offer an opportunity to achieve complementary knowledge and experience in your field of interest. Since Maison Tricot is a small company you get to participate on multiple projects from different clients in a day-to-day basis.
Job type: Part-time (4 days a week)
Contract type: Freelance or Temporary contract
Expected start date: November 2021
Duration: 3-4 months (with potential of extension)
Pay: Dependent on candidate’s background and experience level
Please apply by sending a portfolio, cv and cover letter.