T.VDB is the creative studio, founded by the Belgian transdisciplinary artist and fashion designer Tom Van der Borght.
The studio focuses on people, rather than gender, as the core of T.VDB and its work is difficult to capture under a binary definition, description or title. T.VDB focuses on sustainability. Tom Van der Borght's work is internationally renowned for his non-conformist approach, which challenges and breaks through rules and conventions, blurring the boundaries between fashion, performance and art.
His work is highly conceptual, in which breaking through dominant values and norms is central. His work is characterized by a traditional approach and the development of sustainable innovations.
Tom Van der Borght works as an independent artist, on the boundaries of fashion, textiles, graphics, video, performance, scenography and visual arts.
In addition to developing autonomous work in the form of collections, artistic research, performance and visual arts, Studio T.VDB works on commission for a wide range of partners and creative projects (Mercedes-Benz, Lille3000, Baccarat, Lille3000, Chanel, Le19M , Blanca Li, Miet Warlop…)
T.VDB is looking for an intern to support and help our design team.
Your tasks will be
- Follow-up of fabrics and trims orders
- Follow-up manufacturers and production/collection pieces
- Preparation of technical files to manfactures/producers
- Research for new techniques, material or finishings
- Stitching of prototypes
- Drawing of patterns
- Attending fittings and inform manuafactures for the adaptations
- assistance in daily activities of designer, developer- and production manager
- Education in fashion technology is highly recommended
- you have an eye for details, well organised and independent
- Problem solver and like to work with deadlines
- Speak fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Computerskills: Microsoft Office (EXCEL), Adobe, …
- no 9-5 mentality
What we offer:
- An instructive internship with a varied range of tasks and responsibility in a professional environment;
- An internship with a minimum duration of 3 months.
You will join a small team where you will learn all facets of the creative industry, in an open and transparent working environment. You will get a unique insight in the day-to-day reality of an international emerging creative studio.
T.VDB embraces diversity as a reflection of reality, and strongly encourages applications of people of any gender, religion, skin color, nationality, sexual orientation, ability, age and/or ethnical background.
Interested? Send your CV , a motivation letter and your portfolio to: email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Contact: Sofie Renap